Adjective Agreement Spanish Ppt

An adjective that ends with an “o” corresponds to a masculine noun. Example: a gato pequeño (the little cat) An adjective that ends with an “a” corresponds to a female noun. Example: una manzana pequeña (the little apple) Previous Continue Remember – the SUBST is the pattern – adjectives always correspond to the name of sex and number. Let`s try all together! That`s the name mariposa, isn`t it? female male What adjective is appropriate? bonita bonito Nice job! As we remember that adjectives that end in “a” are in agreement with feminine nouns Next Now that we know if a noun is feminine or masculine, we want to see how to compare an adjective on it. Previous Next Select the correct adjective corresponding to the noun. 1. amigo 2. honestidad bueno buena mucho mucha 3. oreja 4.

papel pequeño pequeña sucio sucia Back feminine singular noun feminine singular adjektiv. Fourth, CHANGE the extension of each adjective to match the noun both in sex (male or female) and in number (singular or plural). Adjective agreement in Spanish. Start. In Spanish, the adjective must correspond to the noun, both in sex and number. Select either gender or number to continue exploring it. Sex. Number. Let`s go back to the cover film. In Spanish, the adjective must correspond to the noun, both in sex and number.

An adjective that ends with an “e” or consonant corresponds to both feminine and masculine nouns. Female example: una manzana verde (a green apple) Male example: a gato verde (a green cat) Previous Next In general, adjectives in Spanish follow this pattern. Please note: There are adjectives (inteligente, trabajador, etc.) that do not follow this pattern: Is it the noun escritorio or? female male What adjective is appropriate? Larga largo Noun/Adjekiv Accord – A useful document on noun and adjective agreement in Spanish. . Let`s try all together! That`s the name mariposa, isn`t it? Male female First, you will find the name in the sentence. Underline it…. Unfortunately, there are exceptions to the rule. Here are some of them: Back Next. .

95% of the time is a noun that ends with an “o”, male and a noun that ends with an “a” is feminine. But what about the remaining 5%? Keep going Now, let`s try! Are the following names feminine or masculine? 1. amigo 2. honestidad feminine Masculine Feminine Masculine 3. oreja 4. papel Feminine Masculine Feminine Masculine Back… If a noun ends with a “d”, “ión”, “umbre” or “z”, it is most likely feminine. If a noun ends with an “l” or “r”, it is most likely masculine. Previous Next In Spanish, all names have a gender, either female or male….

Comments are closed.